But how do you create a custom URL on YouTube?
- Make sure you're signed into YouTube, and go to your advanced account settings.
- Under Channel Settings, click Create custom URL.
- You'll then be able to choose the URL you want. Note that you can't choose a URL that someone's already chosen. Once you've chosen your custom URL, it will appear like this:
I'm not completely sure, but here's one work-around I have created if you are creating a NEW YouTube channel. I'm not sure if it will work if you have an existing channel without a custom URL.
Steps to Creating a YouTube Channel Custom URL
- Log into your personal Google+ profile, via Gmail.
- Go to http://plus.google.com/
- Create a "page" for your business. Log into that page.
- Open up a new browser, and go to http://www.youtube.com/.
- Select to use YouTube as that new page.
- Go to your channel settings. Log in / make sure you are "logged in" to YouTube as that new page.
- Then go to https://www.youtube.com/account_advanced and you should see the ability to create a custom URL.
But What If You Already Have a YouTube Channel But With a Crazy URL?
Now if you already have a YouTube channel, I'm not sure how you can create a custom URL if you already have a YouTube channel but do not see the "create custom URL" feature on advanced settings. Individuals do not seem to see this feature. Any suggestions or tips from the studio audience?